Nothing Disrupts Pond Use Like Vegetation
How many times have you pulled up to the lake and it’s covered with algae? Nothing is more frustrating than cleaning vegetation from a lure after every cast. If eliminating problem pond vegetation is your resolution, here’s a plan.
We offer monthly maintenance from March 1 through November 30. The fee is based on your management goals. A biologist will visit the property once monthly. Materials such as fertilizer, herbicides, equipment parts, or related supplies required for general maintenance will be billed only as needed.
Each visit we:
- Make sure equipment is working. Everything from aeration systems to fish feeders and battery chargers.
- Keep feeders full and monitor feeding activity.
- Monitor fish growth rates.
- Catch and release a few from time to time to monitor relative weights.
- Help cull, as needed.
- Measure basic water chemistry.
- Monitor visibility to fertilize, if needed.
- Recommend liming, if and when needed.
- Watch for predators, especially cormorants and otters.
- Monitor aquatic plants. Treat as necessary.
- Implement custom-designed and approved management strategies, such as tagging fish for mark-and-recapture assessment.
You can find more information on our Pond Management services here. Ready to discuss your needs? Contact us here.