Product Review – Mid-Season Management Review
We’re at mid-season of the 2017 lake management season. Water surface temperatures are topping 85+-degrees. Fish are seeking cool, shaded zones like we’re seeking air conditioned comfort.. Electrofishing surveys and fish stocking are suspended until October 1. What’s a pondmiester to do?
Consider this time a mid-term exam. Here are questions you might find on our quiz:
- Are you seeing bluegill spawning beds around the shoreline? Maybe it’s time to construct this valuable habitat to increase bluegill forage.
- What are current bass relative weights? Should you increase bass harvest from now until Fall to meet critical annual harvest quotas?
- Is water quality at productive levels? Plankton blooms should be maintaining 18 to 30-inch secchi disk readings.
- Are you reeling in more vegetation than fish? Dense growth could be limiting bass from accessing baitfish and consuming the next 10-pounds toward trophy size.
- Does your lake have a murky color instead of an appealing green tint? There are methods to improve visibility for a more healthy environment.
Did you pass with flying colors or determine the management plan needs tutoring to maximize potential. Don’t miss the opportunity to grow quality fish and invest in features that pay a life-long return of–memories. Let’s visit about the condition of your treasured waters so you finish at the top of the class on the Fall exam.